Welcome to Lancer Nation!
We are incredibly honored and excited to have you join the Mount Marty community!
Moving in is the first step in kicking off your college experience, which is why we want to ensure the process goes safely and smoothly for all.
For the health and safety of yourself, your family and our community during the COVID-19 pandemic, we ask that you come to move in ONLY at your assigned date and time. Please only bring one person to help you move in.
On your assigned date, please enter the campus through the WEST entrance. Orientation leaders will be at the entrance to guide you to your residence hall.
If you have any questions or concerns about move-in day or your assigned date and time, please contact one of the residence hall directors:
Residence Hall Director/Bede and Whitby Halls
Residence Hall Director/Corbey Hall
New Student Orientation
By participating in New Student Orientation, students should be able to:
- Understand the academic expectations of Mount Marty
- Identify choices and behaviors that may impact their peers and their community
- Know how to access information about campus resources that will help them to be successful inside the classroom
- Know how to access information about co-curricular opportunities
- Connect to faculty, administration, staff or a current student
- Meet other new students and begin to identify a peer group
- Feel prepared for their first week of classes
- Feel connected to and pride for Mount Marty
- Identify social, cultural, and recreational opportunities and resources in the Yankton community
- Have fun!
Remember that you are not alone. All of us on campus — plus friends throughout the greater Yankton community — are excited to help you learn all you need to know about being a student at Mount Marty, so feel free to ask questions as you discover your place in Yankton.
If you have questions, please contact Lisa Willcockson, Director of Student Activities, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (605) 668-1302.