WELCOME TO LANCER NATION!
We are incredibly honored and excited to have you join the Mount Marty University community!
Moving in is the first step in kicking off your college experience, which is why we want to ensure the process goes safely and smoothly for all.
There are several move-in dates for fall. Check your Mount Marty email for your assigned date and time to move in. Please come on your assigned date and time to ensure a smooth and successful move in for all our students.
|July 30||Football Players|
|August 6||Incoming New Fall Athletes|
|August 15||Cross-Country Athletes|
|August 23||True Blue Students|
|August 27||All Other Incoming Students|
Please check in at your assigned hall to pick up your keys and receive your move-in packet with information about MMU, the greater Yankton community and New Student Orientation.
If you have any questions or concerns about move-in day or your assigned date and time, please contact the residence hall director:
Residence Hall Director/Corbey Hall
NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION
THERE ARE TWO NEW STUDENT ORIENTATIONS THIS YEAR
All new incoming students are expected to attend New Student Orientation.
New Student Orientation on August 6 & 7 is for Fall Athletes (with the exception of cross country athletes)
New Student Orientation on August 27, 28 is for all other incoming students.
By participating in New Student Orientation, students should be able to:
- Understand the academic expectations of Mount Marty
- Understand the rights, responsibilities, and expectations of being a part of the MMU community
- Identify choices and behaviors that may impact their peers and their community
- Know how to access information about campus resources that will help them to be successful inside the classroom
- Know how to access information about co-curricular opportunities
- Connect to faculty, administration, staff or a current student
- Meet other new students and begin to identify a peer group
- Feel prepared for their first week of classes
- Feel connected to and pride for Mount Marty University
- Identify social, cultural, and recreational opportunities and resources in the Yankton community
- Have fun!
Remember that you are not alone. All of us on campus — plus friends throughout the greater Yankton community — are excited to help you learn all you need to know about being a student at Mount Marty, so feel free to ask questions as you discover your place at MMU and in the Yankton community.
If you have questions, please contact Lisa Willcockson, Director of Student Activities, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (605) 668-1302.