Welcome to Lancer Nation!
We are honored and excited that you’ve chosen Mount Marty.
Our entire college community is dedicated to ensuring that you have a memorable and valuable college experience.
By participating in New Student Orientation, students should be able to:
- Understand the academic expectations of Mount Marty
- Identify choices and behaviors that may impact their peers and their community
- Know how to access information about campus resources that will help them to be successful inside the classroom
- Know how to access information about co-curricular opportunities
- Connect to faculty, administration, staff or a current student
- Meet other new students and begin to identify a peer group
- Feel prepared for their first week of classes
- Feel connected to and pride for Mount Marty
- Identify social, cultural, and recreational opportunities and resources in the Yankton community
- Have fun!
Remember that you are not alone. All of us on campus — plus friends throughout the greater Yankton community — are excited to help you learn all you need to know about being a student at Mount Marty, so feel free to ask questions as you discover your place in Yankton.
If you have questions, please contact Lisa Willcockson, Director of Student Activities, at email@example.com or (605) 668-1302.