Endowed Chair Symposium
Established in 1992, the Endowed Chair Symposium is an event funded by the Benedictine
Foundation of Sacred Heart Hospital, hosted by Mount Marty University and coordinated by the
current Endowed Chair. Although the speakers and topics change from year to year, the purpose
of the symposium remains the same; to improve the care of people in our region, through
continued education of those who provide that care, often times the nurses and health
professionals in our region. The symposium is open to all disciplines, however, as topics are
relevant to most service-related careers.
South Dakota Palliative Care Network
Palliative Care Conference
Thursday, November 17, 2022
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Marian Auditorium, Mount Marty University
1105 West 8th Street, Yankton, SD 57078
The Symposium will provide opportunities for students and healthcare professionals to learn about the clinical practice world and what is happening in the field by engaging with fellow participants. Build network of students and healthcare professionals in the field of palliative care. Topics at Symposium: Conducting a Family Meeting, Maternal Fetal Palliative Care, Symptom Management, Laughter is the Best Medicine, Medical Cannabis in South Dakota.
- Specialties - All Health Care Professionals
- Professions - Administration, CEO, Director, Executive Leader, Manager, Nurse - Nurse Practitioner, Nurse - RN, Nurse -LPN/LVN, Nursing Facility Administrator, Pharmacist, Physician, Social Worker
- Learners will strengthen their general knowledge of palliative care.
- Identify methods of symptom management for patients living with serious illness.
- Gain awareness of efforts being made to facilitate access to palliative services across the region.
- Apply tools appropriate to patient’s values and preferences to frame therapeutic options.
- $0 for Mount Marty University faculty and staff, Avera employees and all students
- $50 for others
Topics planned for the Symposium
- Conducting a Family Meeting
- Maternal Fetal Palliative Care
- Symptom Management
- Laughter is the Best Medicine
- Medical Cannabis in South Dakota
For more information, click here.