Endowed Chair Symposium
Established in 1992, the Endowed Chair Symposium is an event funded by the Benedictine
Foundation of Sacred Heart Hospital, hosted by Mount Marty University and coordinated by the
current Endowed Chair. Although the speakers and topics change from year to year, the purpose
of the symposium remains the same; to improve the care of people in our region, through
continued education of those who provide that care, often times the nurses and health
professionals in our region. The symposium is open to all disciplines, however, as topics are
relevant to most service-related careers.
Cultural Competence in Caregiving
Friday, October 20, 2023
7:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Marian Auditorium, Mount Marty University
The Cultural Competence in Caregiving Conference is intended to increase participants’ awareness and understanding of terminology and concepts related to cultural competence, and to increase participants’ competence in identifying strategies/interventions for providing culturally competent care. The Conference will offer learning in three formats: didactic presentation, panel discussion, and case studies with small group interaction.
- Professions - Nurse - RN, Nurse -LPN/LVN, Student
- Understand definitions and key traits of cultural and intercultural competency.
- Increase awareness of the importance of cultural competence and understanding in caregiving and healthcare.
- Demonstrate understanding of cultural competence by applying principles to case studies.
- Registration fee: $0.00
- In Person and Virtual Event:
- By registering for the activity, you will be able to view presentations, hear live audio, and interact online or attend in person. Details will be emailed to all registered participants before the activity. Please be aware that you are not authorized to record, copy or share content in any manner.
You must register to receive the information to participate virtually or in person.
For more information, click here.