Mount Marty University is a small, Catholic liberal arts university in Southeast South Dakota. Based in Yankton, a historic city of 15,000 people, Mount Marty believes that the Benedictine values of awareness of God, community, hospitality, lifelong learning and service are fundamental to the daily lives of students, faculty and staff.
U.S. News & World Report recognizes us as one of America’s Best Regional Midwest Colleges, and the Midwestern Higher Education Compact (MHEC) reports us to be one of the Most Effective and Most Efficient private universities in the state of South Dakota.
Although our university has received many honors, the true measure of our achievements is the success of our students as they go forth to serve others in their communities and the world. The Mount’s faith-based learning community inspires students to develop their strengths and passions personally and professionally.
Succeed as an academic. Grow as a person.
A well-rounded education is the hallmark of this Catholic, Benedictine university. We prepare our students to reach their potential. A Mount Marty degree prepares you for your career, leadership and service:
- 96% of our students have jobs or are accepted into graduate programs within six months of graduation;
- 60% of the graduates of our health sciences programs go on to graduate or attend professional school;
- 90% of our graduates who apply for graduate and professional programs in the health sciences are accepted into these programs.
Don't get lost in the shuffle.
Here, you’ll find a sense of belonging, whether you’re an athlete, an artist, an explorer, an academic or a volunteer. You'll have many opportunities to participate in and lead organizations. We encourage you to explore your passions to find your purpose. Flourish in a supportive community of peers, professors, Sisters of the Monastery and employees who work continually to make the university better for each student.
Grow in your faith.
Faith is a personal journey, and we respect that. Regardless of your religion or your relationship with your faith, we’re here to guide you as you follow the Catholic Benedictine values of God, inclusiveness, community and learning. With us, you will find all possible ways to explore and enrich your faith and commitment to service.
LEARN MORE ABOUT MOUNT MARTY
Mount Marty University, an academic community in the Catholic Benedictine liberal arts tradition, prepares students for a contemporary world of work, service to the human community and personal growth.
Mount Marty University is committed to becoming a preeminent academic institution in the region, combining the liberal arts and career-oriented education.
• Awareness of God • Community • Hospitality • Lifelong Learning
Creator of all things and source of wisdom and knowledge, Send your Holy Spirit to guide our thoughts, words, and actions so that everything we do will begin with your inspiration and continue with your guidance and blessing. Help us to speak and act with integrity so that we may uphold the values of Mount Marty University. May we use our talents and abilities in the best ways possible so that You may be glorified and our neighbor served.
We pray these things through, Jesus, your Son, in the power of the Holy Spirit.
Mount Marty is committed to...
- Forming leaders who are prepared for responsible local and global citizenship.
- Promoting the personal growth of students, faculty and staff;
- Excellence in all educational programs.
- Engaging the community in good zeal and mutual respect.
- Carrying out the Catholic Benedictine tradition of higher education.
- Enhancing the Catholic intellectual and spiritual legacy.
- Providing opportunities for ministry and service.
- Ensuring the responsible stewardship of resources.
- Cultivating an appreciation for human and cultural diversity, social justice and rural heritage.