International Students Admission and Enrollment

make Mount Marty Your Home Away from Home

Welcome to Mount Marty! We are thrilled by your interest in joining our community and look forward to your application.

Below are the steps you need to take to become a Lancer. To make things even easier, we have also included the fees that will be collected by outside agencies for some of these steps.

We recommend that you complete and submit all applications by May 1 for Fall enrollment and October 1 for Spring enrollment. 

Steps to Enroll as an International Student:

For Students Coming For Their First Time F-1 Visa:

1. Send Transcripts to Incred for Translation

Basic Evaluation for Freshmen - $85.00

Course by Course Evaluation for College Transfers - $190.00

Go to inCred

2. Submit Test Scores

ACT (Minimum 18) - $51.00

SAT (Minimum 970) - $65.00

3. Proof of English Proficiency*

TOEFL (Minimum 70) - $170

IELTS (Minimum 6) - $240

Duo Lingo (Minimum 95) 

*English Proficiency is waived if ACT or SAT meet minimum requirements for entry.

For Students Transferring Within the US on an Active F-1 Visa:

1. Official Transcripts from All Colleges Attended (Both US and International).

Cost will vary by school.

Any international transcripts must be translated through INCRED. Cost of Course Translation is $190.

2. English Proficiency Requirements

English Proficiency is waived for students with 2 years of ESL or who have completed Composition 1 and Composition 2. 

Navigating the U.S. immigration system may seem complicated, but there are resources to help. Click here to learn more about the student process steps. 

To Obtain your F-1 Visa and I-20:

1. Complete the financial affidavit.

Download the Financial Affidavit

2. Submit proof of financial support - must be one of the following:

Bank Statement

Letter from Bank Showing Availability of Funds

Letter from Sponsorship

3. Provide Mailing Address to Mount Marty for Fedex of I-20.

4. Apply for F-1 Visa.

5. Pay I-901 Fee - $350.00.

To Transfer Your Currently Active I-20:

1. Complete the financial affidavit.


2. Submit proof of financial support - must be one of the following:

Bank Statement

Letter from Bank Showing Availability of Funds

Letter from Sponsorship

3. Complete the I-20 transfer form and provide to your DSO to send back to Mount Marty for I-20 transfer.

4. Provide Mount Marty current address for reception of I-20.

1. Complete NAIA Eligibility - $135

2. Submit signed letter of intent.

3. Provide proof of health insurance - average cost is $576.00 per year but will vary based on coverage options.

Learn More about Insurance Opportunities for MMU Students

4. Complete required medical forms.

Once you have been admitted to Mount Marty, you will need to complete the following steps on the LancerLink Portal. You will receive log in information via email upon admission. 

The Portal

1. Submit enrollment agreement, which includes nonrefundable fee of $100. 

2. Complete student enrollment agreement.

3. Provide copy of immunizations.

4. Complete housing applications.

5. Speak with your enrollment counselor to set up a registration appointment via phone or Skype.

6. Advise enrollment counselor of travel plans.

1. Prepare for your arrival on campus by reading up on residential life at Mount Marty so you know what you'll need.

Consider having personal care items shipped to campus before your arrival.

2. Make plans to arrive to campus before new student orientation.

There are two airports close to campus: Sioux Falls, South Dakota (FSD) and Omaha, Nebraska (OMA).

There is no set shuttle service to campus from these airports. There are many ride share and taxi options available.

3. Consider health insurance - average cost is $576.00 per year but will vary based on coverage options.

Start by learning more about health insurance with our guide.

Mount Marty University is able to provide students with access to third-party insurance options through iNextInsurance and IXSolutions.




Additional fees may apply above your tuition fees for certain courses. Please see the link and talk to your enrollment counselor with questions.

Additional Fees