Referral and Reporting Fraud

Provide Accurate Information

Mount Marty University's Financial Assistance Office will report any suspected fraud or falsified information (on the part of the student, the parent or preparer of financial aid applications or related parties) to the U.S. Department of Education and all other related parties for immediate action.

It is important to provide accurate information in regards to financial aid. If Mount Marty University's Financial Assistance Office has reason to believe that a student or parent has purportedly misrepresented facts relevant to the student's financial aid application, or has committed forgery or fraud, the student will be contacted to meet with Mount Marty University's Director of Financial Assistance to determine if misrepresentation was intentional. If it is determined that the student's intent was forgery or fraud, the information will be forwarded to the office of Inspector General in writing by the Director of Financial Assitance.

Examples of such information include: false claims by the school for FSA program assistance, false claims of independent student status, false claims of citizenship, use of false identities, forgery of signatures or certifications, and false statements of income.

Financial Aid students that suspect fraud or abuse of financial aid funds can contact the U.S. Department of Education General's office to file a complaint. You can submit a complaint by email, telephone, or mail. The Office of Inspector General Accepts anonymous complaints.

To report student aid fraud (including identity theft), waste or abuse of U.S. Department of Education Funds:

Reporting Fraud to the Office of the Inspector General

  1. Contact the Office of the Inspector General via email ( Provide your contact information or select the option to remain anonymous. Include identifying information and contact information on the violator. Complete a detailed description involving the circumstances surrounding your complaint.
  2. Call the Office of the Inspector General Hotline. This number is 1-800-647-8733. Provide the representative with complete details surrounding your complaint. Include the contact information for the violator and a description of the incidents that occured. When the operator asks for your personal information, you can elect to remain anonymous.
  3. Submit your complaint via the web at:

or via U.S. Postal mail at:

Office of Inspector General Hotline
U.S. Department of Education
400 Maryland Avenue S.W.
Washington, DC, 20202-1500
(Your report can be made anonymously)

For questions, please call 1-800-MIS-USED (1-800-647-8733)

The complaint form asks for your personal information, information on the violator, and a description of the details surrounding the complaint. Individuals who wish to remain anonymous can download the special complaint form that omits the questions for personal identifying information.