Complaint Procedure


Complaint Process
Mount Marty University's (MMU) primary objective is to assist students meet their academic goals through a positive and rigorous academic experience. In the case that a student has a concern, the university's procedures should be followed to address these concerns and/or complaints. Please see the academic policies section in the MMU course catalog.

If you are taking any MMU courses, and you have a complaint about your experience with MMU, you can follow MMU's process for student grievance. You may also contact the Higher Learning Commission, which is MMU's regional accrediting agency.

Please select the appropriate link based on the nature of your concern and/or complaint.

Once a student has gone through the institutional complaint processes and if the grievance has not been resolved you can submit a formal complaint to the Division of Consumer Protection through the SD Attorney General's office:

     SD Office of the Attorney General
     Division of Consumer Protection
     1302 E Hwy 14 Suite 3
     Pierre, SD 57201-8053
     P: (605) 773-4400
     F: (605) 773-7163

     Complaint Form:

Examples of such grievances may include:

  • Violated South Dakota consumer protection laws;
  • Engaged in fraud or false advertising
  • Violated South Dakota laws relating to the licensure of post
  • Failed to provide an educational program meeting contemporary standards for content and rigor;
  • Failed to assign qualified instructors; or
  • Violated one or more accreditation requirements.

Information for students (past or current) enrolled in an online degree program who want to file a complaint may be found at:


     SARA Complaint Resolution Form:

     SARA Complaint Procedures Flow Chart: 

For Students Residing In States Other Than South Dakota Who Have Complaints Relating Specifically To Distance Learning or Correspondence Education

Pursuant to the United States Department of Education's Program Integrity Rule, Mount Marty University is required to provide all prospective and current students with the contact information of the state agency or agencies that handle complaints against postsecondary education institutions offering distance learning or correspondence education within that state. Students residing in other states while enrolled in a course offered by Mount Marty University are encouraged to utilize the institution's internal complaint or review policies and procedures prior through these processes, a student may use the following list to identify the office(s) in the state in which the student resides to which the complaint against any public institution in South Dakota may be filed.

Agencies by State where these complaints may be filed can be found at the State Higher Education Executive Officers (SHEEO) State Authorization Main Web Page:

If a student is not able to contact the appropriate agency in a given state, please contact the Offices of the South Dakota Board of Regents for assistance:

306 East Capitol Ave, Suite 200
Pierre, SD 57501
Phone: (605) 773-345