Master of Education in Coaching Leadership
Are you ready to get in the game?
A Master of Education in Coaching Leadership from Mount Marty will prepare you for a successful career as a coach, teaching you how to personally and professionally develop student-athletes. Depending on your interest, a Master of Education in Coaching Leadership can help prepare you for a career in:
- Sports Information
- Athletic Administration
- Sports Performance
- Statistical Analysis
- Strength and Conditioning (NSCA Certification Still Required)
Thanks to our smaller campus size, there are endless opportunities to gain hands-on experience while you are at Mount Marty. This includes the opportunity to apply for our Graduate Assistant position, which gives you a real coaching position on a Mount Marty team where you'll gain experience in all aspects of recruitment, practice, strength training and more. While you are working in the field, your education will keep up: half of our classes are online, and our understanding faculty will work with you to ensure that you can balance the demands of the classroom with the obligations of a coaching schedule.
Apply online. Application review will occur on a rolling basis, but preference will be given to those applications received by April 30.
- Transcript of completed BA/BS degree with a cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Three letters of reference (official reference forms are in the application packet):
1: A Supervisor - someone who knows your work ethic and responsibility2: A Coach - someone who has experience with your athletic/coaching background3: A Professor or colleague - someone who knows your academic ability - the ability to comprehend, seek out answers, write, etc.
- 1-2 page essay explaining your purpose, goals, and commitment to this coaching program
- No incoming tests are required
You will be contacted after your application and requirements are submitted.
Mount Marty undergraduates get preferred entry into the MEd Coaching Program.
- Benefit from curriculum built around the NASPE's "8 Domains of Coaching Competencies."
- Core courses include learning theory, strategies of effective coaching, assessment and measurement, use of instructional teachnology with athletes, performance enhancement and prevention, law and ethics, and administrative leadership.
- Core courses guide students to design their own projects for personal/professional coaching experiences.
- Apply to work as a Graduate Assistant for one of our teams!
- Choose to implement 2 personally designed interventions from content courses into your coaching experiences. (EDN-511/521/531)
- Choose to pursue an independent study in an area of interest to you and complete 1 personally designed intervention from content courses into your coaching practice. (EDN-599 and EDN-511/521/531)
- Learn from professors with doctoral level experience in education, coaching, administrative skills, and leadership.
- Capstone class taught by the university President!
- Get your degree with only 30 credits required.
- Complete the program in as little as 5 semesters.
- Maintain your work-life balance through hybrid online/evening
- Graduation during Spring Commencement for year 2.
Mount Marty's Master's in Education Coaching Leadership program is one of the most affordable in the region when comparing tuition costs and amount of credits required.
- Credits: 30 credits to degree completion
- Tuition: $340/credit
- Fees: $50/credit
Financial aid is available to full-time students.