Master of Education in Coaching Leadership
Are you ready to get in the game?
A Master of Education in Coaching Leadership from Mount Marty will prepare you for a successful career as a coach, teaching you how to personally and professionally develop student-athletes. Depending on your interest, a Master of Education in Coaching Leadership can help prepare you for a career in:
- Sports Information
- Athletic Administration
- Sports Performance
- Statistical Analysis
- Strength and Conditioning (NSCA Certification Still Required)
Thanks to our smaller campus size, there are endless opportunities to gain hands-on experience while you are at Mount Marty. This includes the opportunity to apply for our Graduate Assistant position, which gives you a real coaching position on a Mount Marty team where you'll gain experience in all aspects of recruitment, practice, strength training and more. While you are working in the field, your education will keep up: half of our classes are online, and our understanding faculty will work with you to ensure that you can balance the demands of the classroom with the obligations of a coaching schedule.
Apply online. Application review will occur on a rolling basis, but preference will be given to those applications received by April 30.
- Transcript of completed BA/BS degree with a cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Three letters of reference (official reference forms are in the application packet):
1: A Supervisor - someone who knows your work ethic and responsibility2: A Coach - someone who has experience with your athletic/coaching background3: A Professor or colleague - someone who knows your academic ability - the ability to comprehend, seek out answers, write, etc.
- 1-2 page essay explaining your purpose, goals, and commitment to this coaching program
- No incoming tests are required
You will be contacted after your application and requirements are submitted.
Mount Marty undergraduates get preferred entry into the MEd Coaching Program.
- Benefit from curriculum built around the NASPE's "8 Domains of Coaching Competencies."
- Core courses include learning theory, strategies of effective coaching, assessment and measurement, use of instructional teachnology with athletes, performance enhancement and prevention, law and ethics, and administrative leadership.
- Core courses guide students to design their own projects for personal/professional coaching experiences.
- Apply to work as a Graduate Assistant for one of our teams!
- Choose to implement 2 personally designed interventions from content courses into your coaching experiences. (EDN-511/521/531)
- Choose to pursue an independent study in an area of interest to you and complete 1 personally designed intervention from content courses into your coaching practice. (EDN-599 and EDN-511/521/531)
- Learn from professors with doctoral level experience in education, coaching, administrative skills, and leadership.
- Capstone class taught by the university President!
- Get your degree with only 30 credits required.
- Complete the program in as little as 5 semesters.
- Maintain your work-life balance through hybrid online/evening
- Graduation during Spring Commencement for year 2.