Master of Education in Coaching Leadership
Are you ready to get in the game?
A Master of Education in Coaching Leadership prepares the next generation of advanced coaching professionals committed to excellence in the personal and professional development of the student-athlete. As part of this program, prospective students can also apply to become graduate assistants, working side-by-side with coaches in all aspects of recruitment, practice, strength training and more. Because of our smaller campus size, the opportunities for hands-on experience in the coaching leadership program are endless.
Built around the NASPE's "8 Domains of Coaching" Competencies.
Small campus cohorts - every student matters.
High level professor qualifications - experience in education, coaching, administrative skills and leadership.
Gain real-life coaching experiences through research practica - more varied experience in Graduate Assistant (GA) work than at competitors.
Lower tuition and faster matriculation - 5 semesters, 30 credits, online/evening courses. More information can be found here.
Gain the skills to lead and service - classes emphasizing authentic work and 21st Cenury skills through Benedictine leadership training.
Students benefit from curriculum built around the NASPE's "8 Domains of Coaching" Competencies.
Our courses guide students to design their own projects for personal and/or professional coaching experiences.
- Core courses include learning theory, strategies of effective coaching, assessment and measurement, use of instructional teachnology with athletes, performance enhancement and prevention, law and ethics, and administrative leadership.
- This is a hybrid online / evening program that students complete in as little as five semesters and only 30 credits required.
- Apply to work as a Graduate Assistant for one of our teams!
- Choose to implement 2 personally designed interventions from content courses into your coaching experiences.
- Choose to pursue an independent study in an area of interest to you and complete 1 personally designed intervention from content courses into your coaching practice.
Gain ample professional experience in these areas as you earn your Master of Education degree in Coaching Leadership from Mount Marty:
- Sports Information
- Athletic Administration
- Sports Performance
- Exercise Science
- Strength Training & Conditioning
Dr. Deborah McCuin
Director of Graduate Teacher Education, Associate Professor
Apply online. Application review will occur on a rolling basis, but preference will be given to those applications received by April 30.
- Transcript of completed BA/BS degree with a cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Three letters of reference (official reference forms are in the application packet):
1: A Supervisor - someone who knows your work ethic and responsibility2: A Coach - someone who has experience with your athletic/coaching background3: A Professor or colleague - someone who knows your academic ability - the ability to comprehend, seek out answers, write, etc.
- 1-2 page essay explaining your purpose, goals, and commitment to this coaching program
- No incoming tests are required
You will be contacted after your application and requirements are submitted.
Mount Marty undergraduates get preferred entry into the MEd Coaching Program.