Campus Visit Checklist
Visiting a university campus helps you get a sense of what life is like at that university. This can help you decide whether the university is right for you.
Find out what you need to do to apply and see if the university's class and major offerings are what you want:
- Sit in on a class that interests you.
- Pick up financial aid forms.
- Meet with a professor who teaches a subject that interests you.
- Talk to students about their classes and professors.
Get a feel for student life and see if this is a place where you will do well:
- Take a campus tour.
- Check out the freshmen dorms, and stay overnight with a student, if possible.
- Visit the dining hall, fitness center, library, career center, bookstore, and other campus facilities.
- Talk to the coaches of sports you many want to play.
Tune in to learn what's happening on campus and what's on students' minds:
- Go to the career center and learn what services it offers.
- Browse the school's website.
- Scan bulletin boards to see what daily student life is like.
- Follow university social channels.
Information from collegeboard.org.